25 Feb 2020
- Central Excise Day (in India) – 24 February.
- Winner of the trophy for the ”best marching contingent” during the Republic Day 2020 parade – Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- India’s top trading partner in 2018-19 fiscal – The United States(surpassed China).
- This company is in partnership with State Bank of India (SBI) Foundation to help create opportunities for youth living with disabilities – Microsoft India.
- Host of Paragliding Pre-World Cup from 31 March to 5 April 2020 – Himachal Pradesh, India(at Bir Billing in Kangra district).
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs launched the ______ Web Form for Starting a Business in India and would be applicable for all new company incorporations – ‘SPICe+’.
Person in news
- Winner of the ‘Abbakka Award’ for the year 2019-20 – writer Usha P Rai and sportswoman Shreema Priyadarshini.
- Winner of the 34th Cannes Open Chess tournament in France – Grandmaster D Gukesh (13-year old).
- Host country of the Commonwealth shooting and archery championships in January 2022 – India (at Chandigarh).
State Current Affairs
- This state launched ‘Jagananna Vasthi Deevena’ scheme under which a financial assistance of Rs 2,300 crore would be provided to students pursuing ITI, polytechnic, under-graduate and post-graduate courses to meet hostel and mess expenses – Andhra Pradesh.
- This UT paired with Tamil Nadu state under Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat programme – Jammu and Kashmir.
- A National Cyber Research and Innovation Centre was inaugurated in – Hyderabad.
- Unanimously elected speaker of the Delhi Legislative Assembly – Ram Niwas Goel.
- The ‘Abbakka utsav’, in memory of the 16th century Tuluva queen who fought the Portugese, will be held on February 29 and March 1, 2020 in – Ullal, Karnataka.
- Researchers from this university have demonstrated that ultrasmall plant-derived crystals can be developed into a super-glue, that has enough strength to hold up to 90 kg weight – Aalto University, Finland.
- Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) – Founded: 1932; Headquarters: London, England.
- Paragliding World Cup Association (PWCA) is based in – Marlens, France.
- State Bank of India (SBI) – Founded: 01 July 1955; Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Any duty on manufactured goods that is levied at the moment of manufacture rather than at sale – Excise.