- World’s first-ever blockchain chocolate bar which is produced in Ecuador and powered by UNDP, the FairChain Foundation and the Alternative Finance Lab – “The Other Bar”.
- Forum that will launch the US-India Tax Forum on 25 February 2020 – US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF).
- This country has inaugurated a first-ever train service that would exclusively transport Afghan transit cargo – Pakistan.
- This university signed an agreement to work with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) to create a hi-tech monitoring system that will allow the government to respond to damage and deterioration on the country’s rural roads – University of Birmingham, UK.
- This country will hold a summit with the leaders of Russia, France and Germany on 5 March 2020 to discuss the situation in Syria’s last rebel enclave of Idlib – Turkey.
- International conference on “Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA)” organised by NCMRWF, MoES from February 24 in – Noida, India.
- Number of farmers covered under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) – over 8 crore 46 lakh.
- The 2nd Edition of Conference on Agri-technology & Innovation held on 22 February 2020 in – Hyderabad, Telangana.
- India’s tallest railway pier bridge across river Makru which will be 100 m tall – Tamenglong district of Manipur.
Persons in News
- Winner of SERB Women Excellence Award 2020 – Dr Niti Kumar(CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow).
- Winner of LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020 (in Mumbai) – Adline Castelino.
- Winner of the NTT ASTC Triathlon Asian Cup 2020 in Chennai – Serbia’s Ognjen Stojanovic (men’s) and Barbara Riveros of Chile (women’s).
State Current Affairs
- Himachal Pradesh has set up two waste-to-energy plants – Shimla (1.75 MW), Manali (1 MW).
- This state will be the first in the country to develop medicines from the cannabis plant, for that agreement signed between the CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) and IndusScan (Canada) – Jammu and Kashmir.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) – Effective: 1 December 2018; formally launched: 24 February 2019.
- The Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM) is a scheme launched by Government of India in this year to deliver integrated project based infrastructure in the rural areas – 2016 (21 February).
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) – Formation: 1944; Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) was founded on – 26 January 1944.
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) – Founded: 1927; Headquarters: New Delhi.