Answers are here :
22 Feb 2020
- Theme for International Mother Language Day (21st February 2020) – ‘Languages without borders’.
- Theme for Matribhasha Diwas (21 February 2020) in India – ‘Celebrating our Multilingual Heritage’.
- Endangered species from India which are included in IUCN’s global protection list – Great Indian Bustard, Asiatic Elephant, Bengal Florican.
- Globally, first position in the Speedtest Global Index 2020 for mobile broadband speed for the month of January, according to a broadband speed analysis by Ookla – UAE(with 87.01 Mbps).
- First position in the HDR’s Human Development Index (HDI) 2019 – Norway (followed by Switzerland, Ireland).
- First position in a Global intellectual property index 2019 – The US(followed by the UK, Sweden, France, and Germany).
- First position in a new Social Mobility Index compiled by the World Economic Forum (WEF) – Denmark (followed by Norway, Finland and Sweden).
- India’s rank in the Speedtest Global Index 2020 for mobile broadband speed – 128th(download speed: 11.58Mpbs).
- India’s rank in the HDR’s Human Development Index (HDI) 2019 – 129th.
- India’s rank in a Global intellectual property index 2019 – 40th.
- India’s rank in a new WEF’s Social Mobility Index – 76th (ranks 41st in lifelong learning and 53rd in working conditions).
- India’s rank in the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU’s) ‘Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019 – 35th.
- First position in the Nature Ranking Index 2020 – Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(followed by IISc Bangalore, TIFR Mumbai).
- India’s first private gold mine – Jonnagiri (Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh).
- India’s first floating jetty operationalized in – Vasco, Goa.
- This ministry and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited (CSC SPV) have signed an agreement to promote schemes run by the ministry in rural areas – MSME Ministry.
Persons in News
- New Chair of Global Board of Directors of the US-India Business Council – Vijay Advani.
- Indian actor who has been felicitated by the World Book of Records, London with the WBR Golden Era of Bollywood honour – Manoj Kumar.
- The first-ever Khelo India University Games organised in – Odisha(in Cuttack).
- First player who played 100 matches in all three formats of Cricket – Ross Taylor (New Zealand batsman).
- First country which host the new format of the AIBA Team World Cup in 2020 – Russia (final is scheduled for October in the city of Nizhny Novgorod).
- Motto of the new format of the AIBA Team World Cup in 2020 – “Boxing for peace”.
State Current Affairs
- This state government is to open ‘Atal Kisan – Majdoor canteens’ to provide affordable and cheap meals – Haryana.
- Scientists have named newly discovered species of land snail (belongs to caenogastropods) in honour of the Swedish activist – Greta Thunberg(Craspedotropis gretathunbergae).
- International Boxing Association (AIBA) – Founded: 1946; Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
- World Economic Forum (WEF) – Founded: 1971; Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland; Founder: Klaus Schwab.
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) – Founded: 5 October 1948; Founder: Julian Huxley; Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland.
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) – Formed: 1964; Headquarters: New Delhi.
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – Founded: 11 December 1946; Headquarters: New York, United States.