POLITY ONE LINERS
1) The Central Govt exclusive powers are enumerated in the – Union List.
2) Essential function of the State – To provide defence against external attacks.
3) Planning in India drives its objectives from – Directive Principles.
4) The residuary powers mean the – Powers not included in any of the three Lists.
5) Under the Constitution, the residuary powers vest with the – Union Government.
6) Writ is issued by the court in case of illegal detention of a person – Habeas Corpus.
7) The inter State Council has been set up under – Art 263.
8) Corporation Tax – is levied by the Union and belongs to it exclusively.
9) The High Courts in India were first started at – Bombay, Madras and Calcutta.
10) For the Enforcement of FR’s the SC may issue – Writ.
11) Judges of the High Court are appointed by – President.
12) After Retirement, a Judge of a High Court undertake practice in – Any other court except the same court.
13) The age of retirement of the judges of the High Court is – 62 years.
14) Cognizable offence refers to an offence where – it is under the jurisdiction of a court.
15) Under the writ of Mandamus the Court can – direct the Govt. To do or not to do a thing
16) Salaries of the Judges of the Supreme Court are drawn from.the – Consolidated Fund.
17) The total number of High Courts in India at present is – 18.
18) The Judges of the SC can be removed from office by the – President on request of Parliament.
19) In whom are the powers of Judicial Review vested in India – SC and HC.