1) The surface of Earth that lies between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn is called – Torrid Zone.
2) The Approximate diameter of the Earth is – 12,800 km.
3) The place which has the longest day and the shortest night on 22nd December is – Melbourne.
4) The Circumference of the Earth was 1st calculated by – Eratosthenes.
5) The Polar diameter of the Earth is shorter than equatorial diameter by about – 43 km.
6) Pairs of metals are supposed to constitute the internal core of the earth – Nickel and Iron.
7)The Earth’s annual circuit round the sun covers a distance of – 966 million km.
8) The specific gravity of the Earth as a whole is -5.52.
9) Vernal Equinox occurs on – March 21.
10) The distance of the equator from either of the poles is – 10,002 km.
11) Geostationary orbit is at a height of – 36000 km.
12) Antipodes are – Places diametrically opposite on earth’s surface.
13) What %age of Insolation is received by the earth’s surface – 51%.
14) The Earth rotates around an axis pointing towards – the pole star.
15) Which part of the Earth’s surface receives the highest amount of insolation -Equatorial region.
16) The Earth is at the least distance from the sun(Perihelion) on – January 3rd.
17) From the sun (Aphelion) on – July 4th.
18) The approx. Surface temperature on the sunlit side of the earth is – 17°c.
19) The sun shines vertically on the Equator – Twice a year.
20)The orbit along which the earth revolves is – Elliptical.